Who doesn’t love a slice of banana bread with some fresh strawberries and raspberries on top?
I have done it, officially done it.
I have managed to adapt all my banana bread recipes and create the best recipe yet. This banana bread has been my obsession since making it. I can’t stop eating it!!!
Okay so you may have seen my tweets from last weekend, I was very excited about my two loafs of banana bread slowly baking in the oven… I was trying out two different techniques and sizes. Unfortunately one was a complete disaster but the other one was just MMMM heavenly.
Cooking time: 30 to 45 minutes
Serves: This loaf has served around 10 slices all together.
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g lacto-free butter (or any butter of your choice)
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 200g self-raising flour
- 3 very ripe bananas (mashed!! I ended up using all my ripe bananas which was around 6/7)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Heat your oven to 180C
- Prep your bread tin by lining it with baking parchment
- Mix together the butter and the caster sugar until it’s a creamy mixture
- Add in the 3 beaten eggs, creating a light and fluffy mixture
- Slowly add in your flour, a little bit at a time, fold into the mixture gently
- Fold in your baking powder, vanilla extract and your mashed bananas
- Pour the mixture into your baking tin and cook for around 30 minutes.
- Using a skewer, make several holes into your bread, if the skewer comes out the loaf clean – your loaf is cooked.
- When completely cooked, leave the loaf to cool in the tin for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the loaf on a wire rack – decorate how you like.
*This recipe can be adapted to be vegan / suit your dietary requirements.*
And there we have it – the beautiful creation that is banana bread! If you give this recipe a go please let me know what you think! I’m afraid I ate this before taking any pictures I’m sorry!
Thank you so much for reading this blog post, I hope you enjoyed it – be sure to give me any feedback you may have as I always love taking peoples opinions on board!
I look forward to writing and sharing my next post. In the meantime, check out my social medias:
For any enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time, Abbs xo