Hello my loves, I am so beyond happy to be writing this post! I can’t believe that my blog has been nominated for this award!! A huge thank you to Chloe, at Writing The Blues Away, for nominating me, her blog is truly amazing and you should 100% check it out!!
This is the first award I have been nominated for and it has given me such a confidence boost and it has shown me that blogging truly is what makes me happy and knowing that people love my posts is just the icing on top of the cake.
“The sunshine blog award is a way for bloggers to give recognition to those who spread positivity in their posts and bring you happiness”
And here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, including a link back to their blogs.
- Answer the 11 questions they have given you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify your nominees that you have nominated them.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
Questions from Chloe:
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little, I always wanted to be a nurse or a teacher. I am very passionate about helping people and so I thought these roles would have been perfect for me, I get so involved in people and care about them a lot so I thought a compassionate career would be the most sensible…
2. How long have you been blogging for?
I set up my blog in November 2018 and therefore have been blogging for, coming up to, six months.
3. What do you think is the film you’ve watched the most times?
100% Shrek, I can’t get enough of this film. I just think it’s amazing and it is a little different to your typical childrens’ movie. It teaches morals and to be kind to everyone regardless of what they look like.
4. What do you like most about your appearance / your favourite physical feature?
I think it would have to be my eyes, I have quite a lot of eyelid space which I can fill up with loads of eyeshadows and create new looks. As well as this, my eyes actually change colour depending on the lighting I am in; the colours that they change to mainly include; blue, green and grey.
5. What skill would you love to learn?
I would love to learn photography, its a passion of mine that I want to develop alot more.
6. What would be the title of your autobiography?
The Life of Itsjustabbsxo
7. Do you know any other languages apart from your native one?
In secondary school I learnt Spanish for GCSE and got a B overall, I loved learning Spanish, I think it’s such a beautiful language. As well as that, I know some German, mainly counting 1 to 10 but also a few phrases. My cousin used to live in Germany and we used to visit every year so I picked up on a few things.
8. What is your go-to outfit for a causal day?
Definitely a pair of high waisted skinny jeans, an oversized basic t-shirt, trainers and a biker jacket. It’s just such a simple outfit and yet you can easily dress it up by switching to some heels or more of an evening appropriate t-shirt.
9. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love to write, I am also so passionate about all things makeup and skincare and wanted to share my opinions and hopefully help others. It has bought me out of a shell and has given me a confidence boost I never knew I needed. It brings me so much joy to sit at home writing everything I feel and taking photographs. It’s such a rewarding feeling knowing that people enjoy reading what I’ve written.
10. Which song brings the best memories for you?
It has to be Atomic Kitten Whole Again, this song reminds me of when Kane and I started dating, we would sing this song at the top of our lungs driving around. It makes me so happy to listen to this song because it just reminds me of Kane and I’s adventures, it’s also the first song I sang in front of him! I’m a terrible singer and so don’t tend to sing around people but this is one of those songs that you can’t help but scream along.
11. What is your favourite meal?
Ooooooo I am a sucker for a big Sunday roast. Especially roast chicken or turkey, loads of potatoes and vegetables including Brussel sprouts. A Christmas roast dinner is just the best thing, nothing tops it!!
Questions for my nominees;
1. What is your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
2. Tea or coffee?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
4. What is the first concert you went to?
5. Where are you from?
6. Favourite movie?
7. What inspires you the most?
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. What is your biggest goal for your blog?
10. If you could only wear three makeup products for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?
11. Favourite childhood memory?
1. eviejayne.co.uk – Evie’s writing is so inspiring, she has a way of connecting with her audience in such a way that you think she’s sat with you talking. You can see how passionate she is about her writing, her posts about living abroad for a year is so captivating, it makes me feel as though I am on the travels with her.
2. allthingsalexx.wordpress.com – Alex is an amazing writer, she has the same passions as me and her blog posts are just incredible. She is such a kind person and I love how she is always willing to help others in this community.
3. Lavraxlondon – If you don’t know who Lav is, you need to check out her blog. It is amazing… I love how she is completely herself on social media and as well as this, have you seen her amazing tattoos?!
4. casexstreet.com – Case is a mental health campaigner and her blog is so helpful to anyone in similar situations as her. She is also an amazing artist, her designs for blog logos are just incredible.
5. Lduboistravel.wordpress.com – Lauren’s travel blog is just wow. Her travels are amazing and the way she writes about them just makes you want to go to every place she’s been. She’s such a kind and honest person and it truly reflects through her writing.
6. Ramblingsofaneuroticwriter – Vada is just ugh great. Her posts just make me so happy to read, she writes about everything and everything and she is one of the kindest people I have spoken to. She is so willing to help everyone and it truly shows.
7. Chloechats – Chloe is a mental well-being and lifestyle blogger and she is just great. Her writing is so inspiring, you can see how willing she is to help others and shine some happiness into other peoples lives.
8. Rebeccaellis.co – Rebecca is an incredible photographer, seeing her photos just makes me want to dive into photography even more. Her blog is just fabulous, it’s such a sleek and professional site, I love everything about her blog.
9. Intheflux.com – Payton’s blog is just beautiful. It is so professional, clean and sleek. Her most recent post is such a helpful post, her ’30 No-bullshit blog post ideas’ is one of my favourites. It is so helpful to everyone. She is so kind and helpful.
10. Baileyleah.com – baileys blog is fab! Her writing is amazing and we clearly share the same passions, her posts all about makeup and skincare are so helpful. I trust her opinions on all the products she tries and she just makes me want to spend all my money….
11. Hanmwill.com – Hannah is brilliant, her blog posts are just so well written and you can clearly see she has such a passion for writing. Her site is so sleek and professional and yet her writing is relaxed and honest. She’s such a kind and inspiring person, I love reading all her posts.
And there we have it! I can’t wait to read everyone’s blog posts answering these questions. I apologise if you have already been tagged in this award but I just love reading all of these girls blogs!
Thank you so much for reading this blog post, I hope you enjoyed it – be sure to give me any feedback you may have as I always love taking peoples opinions on board!
I look forward to writing and sharing my next post. In the meantime, check out my social medias:
For any enquiries please contact:
Until next time, Abbs xo